Remember last year I created 65 Goals in 365 Days? For the first time in my life I came up with such a long goal. I was determined to make 2012 a huge success for my business, and yes, 2012 was a huge success for my business. I was able to shoot more weddings than my goal, raised my prices a few times and enjoyed it.
1. Order a sample album
Must get this done in 2013. I promise.
2. Bring out my personality more on my blog and facebook page. Blog 5 times a week.
I did try to bring out my personality more on my blog and facebook; however, I was unable to blog 5 times a week on a regular basis.
3. Contact at least one friend each week. √
4. Get a manicure and pedicure.
Can you believe it? I am girl, and I didn’t reward myself with a nice mani, pedi session?
5. Attend WPPI √
6. Buy at least 2 pairs of shoes to compensate my vertically challenged side.
Again, a girl didn’t buy only 2 pairs of shoes.
7. Meet my Showit family from across the globe √
8. Get a pair of new glasses √
9. Buy some great flipflops √
10. Pray regularly X
11. Send out newsletter/emails once a month X
12. Post something on Facebook business page at least 5 times a week
For the most part, I was able to post something almost everyday. There were only a few weeks when I had very limited internet access, and fell behind.
13. Go to a yoga class at least once a month.
I attended a few yoga classes, and please don’t hate me. I don’t enjoy yoga at all. I need zumba and boxing.
14. Highlight my hair X
Totally forgot about this goal. Oops
15. Visit Universal Studios.
Yes I did. Not once, twice.
16. Exercise at least twice a week X
17. Order brochures/welcome packets for clients √
18. Donate more to charities √
19. Travel to at least 1 new state. √
20. Buy my new baby 35mm f/1.4. √
21. Attend a Zumba class at least once a month.
I didn’t attend every month, but I did attend a lot of zumba classes.
22. Buy a macro lens. It’s about time. √
First I bought 60mm. Then I ended up selling it, and got my new 105mm, and I absolutely love 105mm. Highly recommended.
23. Learn more about OCF (off camera flash). √
I didn’t get a chance to attend any formal workshop on OCF, but that didn’t stop me. I practiced a lot, and I’ve improved a lot. I will share a seperate blog post on this.
24. Reach my savings goal. √
25. Get rid of 70% loan, other than the student loan. X
26. Update my headshots with a new look. X
27. Lose 10 lbs, and keep up with the new weight. X
28. Change / improve wedding and lifestyle packages. √
29. Complete a 5k. X
I will never commit to a goal like this because of my foot injury.
30. Second shoot at least 5 weddings. √
31. Blog every day at least 2 months out of the year. X
32. Get a facial done every trimester which means 4 times a year. Wish me luck on this one! X
33. Finish my X files DVD collection. Yes, I am still a sucker for that show. X
34. Update my website. √
35. Read at least 5 books. √
36. Reach my Facebook business page goal: at least 1000. √
37. Hike at least once a trimester. X
38. Write my ideal client profile. √
Need to improve it now.
39. Send out holiday cards to clients. X
40. Play around with natural lights more often. √
41. Do a styled shoot. √
42. Shoot a wedding in a different state other than CA and AZ. X
43. Feature at least 5 more businesses or people on my blog. X
44. Keep up with my cute wardrobe √
45. Spend some time with my nephew √
46. Attend at least 10 networking meetings such as PUG, Showit, ABC and so on. X
47. Take my mom for a nice facial at least twice this year. X
48. Buy a new and improved laptop. √
49. Get my work published. X
50. Travel somewhere with some girlfriends only. √
51. Improve my workflow. √
52. Improve my client interaction. √
53. Send out anniversary cards to past clients. √
54. Go skiing or snowboarding. X
55. Offer holiday minisessions. √
56. Share at least 2 new photos every week on facebook page. √
57. Blog on 2012 bloopers on Dec. 31, 2012.
58. Share more behind the scene photos on blog and on facebook.
59. Visit Disneyland. Haven’t been there in like FOREVER ! X
60. Improve my time management and procrastinate less. √
61. Buy another external hard drive. √
62. Learn more about different hairstyle. I really need help with this. Any help is appreciated. X
63. Have a memorable Dec. 31. Last few years were spent going to bed on time.
Don’t think anything different is going to happen this year again.
64. Write down all my business plans. X
65. Connect with at least 1 vendor/business via email each week. X