My goal #5 for the year 2012 was to attend WPPI. Well, I did go to Vegas, but ended up attending only ShowitUnited. ShowitUnited was also held during the week of WPPI at MGM, organized by our favorite showit. Showit not only has a wonderful way to create website, but it also has created a community of very helpful, giving and great photographers across the globe. I am so glad I attended Showit United. Some of the highlights were,
* A lot of us were picked up at the airport by the showit crew, and you know what? We got to enjoy the PASS bus. Yes!! It was superb!
* I met so many beautiful showiteers that I’d been talking to only online or via skype. It was hard not to dance around for 2 days.
* I met Julie Story!! Finally, I met her, and our friendship only became better.
* I met Jasmine Star. OMG!
* I was starstruck there. I saw Jerry Ghionis, and met Zack and Jody Gray!
* I’ve learned a lot. Even though showit classes were only 45 minutes, they were free for us and were loaded with wonderful information.
* I won a live website design critique, and Kevin Sturm gave me that wonderful news the moment I stepped into the hotel. I literally screamed, “I won something!! OMG!” I did get a lot of stare.
* The ladies that did my critique were Rachel and Kara from Earl&Layne. I’ve been a huge fan of their designs for awhile, so this was a blessing. And they are from Phoenix. Rachel and I used to live only about a block away from each other.
* I went to bed every night at 10. I know, it’s Vegas, right? But that’s fine. I learned and enjoyed those 2 days in Vegas. I can’t wait to go back next year, and you what? This time I will be there for more than 2 days.
* I wish I could do the flash mob, and attend 5 minute fuel. Bummer.
I know I look huge in the first pic with Jasmine, but that’s because she’s really skinny. I am not big. Julie gave me that beautiful ring. Love her. Candice Wright was one of my roomies, and we had so much fun together just sitting on the couch, and talking. And last but not least, slot machines everywhere at the airport.